Thursday 28 March 2013

Fairy Forest

The Fairy loves pretend play - especially if it's fairy related. She loves playing with her fairy tea cup house I made last year (click here to see it). So I created a fun filled fairy play scene simply by painting some pine cones green.


The Fairy helped to paint a shoe box as a back drop. We also added some glass beads which the were quickly made into a path.


I didn't stick the pine cones down as The Fairy likes to move things around in play and this provides more flexibility.
fairy pretend paly

By adding a star (I used a hot glue gun to attach a sequin) the tree was transformed into a Christmas tree - a perfect addition to a dolls house.

dolls house christmas tree

Maggy over at Red Ted Art has lots more fab ideas of things to make with pine cones - check them out by clicking here

Language Focus: Pretend play is great for developing language. It provides a fantastic opportunity to develop narrative (story telling) skills and imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog. I'd love to hear your thoughts or comments and will try to reply to any questions you have.