Thursday 7 June 2012

Father's Day card

Well Father's Day is nearly upon us so thought we'd be unusually prepared and post how we have made our Father's Day card.


Ages ago we made some prints from shaving foam using this technique but didn't know what to do with the prints (so we kept them because I'm can't bear to throwing anything away  love keeping all the beautiful things we've made!) So whilst hunting through our craft boxes (we have multiple boxes as there is too much stuff for 1 - I really do need to de clutter/ organise them better, but that's a whole other post) I found them and thought they were perfect for 'up cycling'.

I cut out the word 'Papa' (as my husband is Spanish so we call him Papa not 'Daddy') and 'The Fairy' arranged the letters on contrasting card.
'The Fairy' chose to add a drawing and a heart cut out of the same pattern as the front of the card.
Hey presto a home made Fathers Day card. Perfecto!

6 comments:

  1. That is lovely and we did something very similar. Hope he has a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute and perfect for Father's Day!

    Thank you for sharing on Kids Get Crafty!

    Maggy & Alissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! I'm featuring it tomorrow with the Kids Co-Op. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet idea, love it!

    Ali, www.KidsChaos.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet idea for cards, I know Granny and Grandpa would love these for their birthdays.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card! Love the contrasting colors :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog. I'd love to hear your thoughts or comments and will try to reply to any questions you have.