Tuesday 26 June 2012

Strawberries and cream

In honour of Wimbledon we decided to have some strawberries and cream based sensory play...


I made some 'strawberries' out of craft foam and some 'cream' gloop by mixing cornflour and water. I put some foil in the bottom of the baking tray so when we made marks in the gloop they were even clearer








It was great for mark making as well as sensory exploration. If you've not tried using gloop before - give it ago -its amazing how it changes state from liquid to solid. This morning had been a little fraught (check out my facebook page if you want to find out why!) - this was the perfect 'calm' down activity for the afternoon.

3 comments:

  1. Gloop is still on my things to try list actually. Looks great fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! Isn't gloop brilliant!

    Thanks for sharing on Kids Get Crafty!

    Maggy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gloop is amazing I could play with it for hours (luckily so can he Fairy!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog. I'd love to hear your thoughts or comments and will try to reply to any questions you have.