Friday 1 June 2012

Union Jack playdough

After the success of our Diamond Jubilee sensory box we were after some more Jubilee themed events this week. What could be more fun than Union Jack play dough...

Rolling the white sparkly dough (I used corn flour rather than normal flour to make it extra white after reading this post)


We made a rectangle out of blue sparkly dough and then added red and white crosses. I wanted the red to look more vivid but didn't have the time to spend ages mixing playdough as I knew we were on borrowed time as 'The Frog' would soon be awake from his nap.


Then we trimmed it to make it look tidy (possibly the only tidy thing in our house at the moment!)














After we had finished I asked 'The Fairy' requested to do some more cutting. I was a bit puzzled  (I wanted to play with the playdough still !) but went with the flow.

Searching the cupboard for items to cut I found some straws.



We also cut a crown.


 'Look mummy I've made a cake - it's got candles'


Every cake needs a picnic.


Happy Jubilee weekend to everyone in the UK (and Commonwealth) :-)

Language focus
Vocabulary: flag, Queen, snip, cut, roll, red, white, blue, cake, party

8 comments:

  1. That is a really good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Very tricky play dough skills there. Happy Jubilee to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loads of fun, I'm sure it lasted for hours! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - yup playdough always lasts ages here (this lot has been played with everyday since we wrote that post and its still in the fridge waiting for more fun!)

      Delete
  4. Hooray for the Jubilee and Union Jack playdough. What a quirky and funny idea :-)

    Thank you for sharing on Kids Get Crafty!

    Maggy & Alissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea - I love it so much. Thank you for linking to Tuesday Tots and just to let you know I will be featuring this in this weeks post :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog. I'd love to hear your thoughts or comments and will try to reply to any questions you have.