Thursday 5 April 2012

When is a wooden spoon not a wooden spoon?

When its a plant marker of course! 'The fairy' had been watching me make some plant markers out of wooden spoons and decided she wanted to make one too (I'm in the process of creating a play garden for her at our allotment, but that's a whole other post...hopefully I'll update here when there is more progress). 


The ones I made




Her much more creative one (painted to be a purple flower)



I helped by holding the spoon as she painted.

We then left the flower in a glass to dry (after 'The fairy' had painted her hands!)


Now we just need to varnish and plant it

Language Focus
Vocab: paint, brush, flower

2 comments:

  1. Cute idea! I'm sure the Fairy will be very proud to see her marker in the play garden. Thanks for linking this post to Discover and Explore.

    I hope you'll be back to share for our Moon, Stars, and Nighttime Sky theme this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog. I'd love to hear your thoughts or comments and will try to reply to any questions you have.