Wednesday 5 November 2014

How to make a pretend play superhero cape #IAmSuperCapes

Superhero capes can make a great addition to a dressing up box and can spark imaginations in pretend play.



When I heard about the charity I Am Super Capes I was keen to get involved. The charity aims to give every child a chance to be a super hero - no matter where they live or what is happening in their lives. You can find out more about them but clicking here.

I enlisted some help from a very lovely friend (including the use of her sewing machine as mine wasn't working) and we made two capes following the very easy pattern which you can find on he Super capes website here.

The finished capes look fab - as seen modeled here on Super Ted!

Then all that was left was to post it to Super capes HQ in order that it can be passed on to a small superhero. Can you sew? Could you make a cape to support this charity?

1 comment:

  1. This charity sounds awesome! Every child should feel like a superhero - just like Super Ted here! ;) #FrugalFamily

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog. I'd love to hear your thoughts or comments and will try to reply to any questions you have.