Monday 8 April 2013

Child led books

I'm really keen to encourage a love of literature and telling stories with our children. Fortunately the kids are keen on this too!


When the lovely Cathy over at Nurturestore shared how she organises her play room, I knew The Fairy would be keen to adopt the idea of 'little books'. You provide your child with some blank books - ready to be filled with illustrations and stories. These make a great addition to a writing or creation station.

The set up is simple - some blank paper folded to make a book and pens/crayons.

Let the authors narrate.



One of my favourite things about this activity is how child led it is. I left a blank book next to where she keeps her paper, she found it and started creating (she did check with me first that it was OK to draw on it!) The when she was finished she came and told The Frog and I her story; then promptly asked for me to make her up a other blank book.


How do you encourage your child to tell and write stories?



4 comments:

  1. I love this idea. I did this once with my preschooler, but keep forgetting to do it again. He loved it so I really appreciate the reminder. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its great fun isn't it Kirstylee - would love to hear how you get on if you try it again.

      Delete
  2. Visiting from Tuesday Tots. My Family-Focused Monday hop is live now and I would love to see one of your awesome posts linked up @ www.mondaykidcorner.blogspot.com.

    Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple but brilliant! I am SO doing this with my little girl.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog. I'd love to hear your thoughts or comments and will try to reply to any questions you have.